Political Violence- Summer School 2015
- Political Violence- Summer School 2015
- Hosted by: Dr Mathias Thaler # Politics & IR
- Hosted by
- Introduced by
- Date and Time
- 24th Jun 2015 09:00 - 26th Jun 2015 17:00
- Room G.02 50 George Square
In June 2015, the University of Edinburgh will offer an interdisciplinary Summer School on Political Violence. This three-day event will give participants the opportunity to benefit from the knowledge of an unrivalled panel of international experts in the field of war and political violence and to receive critical feedback on their own projects. The programme combines people and perspectives from History, Law and Political Science and will involve intensive scholarly discussions and social activities that allow participants to network with each other in a friendly environment in the scenic, culturally vibrant setting of the city of Edinburgh. Participants include a diverse mix of academics, MA and PhD students as well as faculty members from the Social Sciences and Humanities, and practitioners working in NGOs and legal institutions.
List of Faculty
- Professor Christine Bell, Law, University of Edinburgh.
- Professor Donald Bloxham, History, University of Edinburgh.
- Professor Elizabeth Frazer, Politics and International Relations, Oxford University.
- Professor John Horne, History, Trinity College Dublin.
- Professor Kimberly Hutchings, Politics and International Relations, Queen Mary, University of London.
- Professor Manfred Nowak, Law, University of Vienna.
The selection of the presenting participants has now closed. If you still wish to sit in one some of the classes, please contact Mathias Thaler at firstname.lastname@example.org until 17 June.