- Andrew Scott
- Edinburgh United Kingdom EH8 9LD
- Research Interests
- Energy politics, energy security, business regulation, environmental politics, Public policy, Comparative Politics, policy networks, policy community, Politics of oil
Professor Elizabeth Bomberg
Dr Shaun Bevan
I intend to focus upon the factors that influence government policy decisions, particularly in energy and environmental policy. Using government policy towards shale gas as an example, I will examine the extent to which the influence of policy networks and interest groups such as energy companies and environmental organisations shape government policy-making.
Bachelor of Laws (LLB) in Law, University of Glasgow
Master of Science (MSc) in International Relations, University of Glasgow
Research assistant for International Association of Bioethics (IAB 2016) at the University of Edinburgh Law School
Related work experience
- As a senior policy adviser in HM Civil Service I worked on government business regulations in the run up to and aftermath of the 2015 General Election, negotiating the content and passage of primary and secondary legislation with policy teams, economists, ministers and other government departments.
- I represented the department on projects conducted by Reform and the Turing Gateway to Mathematics (on mathematics and public policy) at the University of Cambridge.
- I spent a year working as a research analyst focusing upon shale gas and tight oil development in California and the United Kingdom, during which I organised two major conferences.