- Consuelo Thiers
- Edinburgh UK EH8 9LD
- +44 (0) 749 156 0106
- Research Interests
- International Relations, political psychology, Foreign Policy Analysis, Latin American Foreign Policies, At-a-distance personality assessment of political leaders
My research focuses on the analysis of the effects of political leaders’ belief systems in foreign policy decision-making processes. More specifically, the aim of the project is to examine how leader’s views influence the overall goals, design and outcomes of integration and cooperation organizations in South America.
M.A in International Studies, Universidad de Chile, Santiago, Chile.
Dissertation: “Latin American Political Leaders: A study of personality at-a-distance”
B.A in Psychology, Universidad de Chile, Santiago, Chile.
Teaching and research experience
- Research Assistant for Dr. Sebastien Dubé, Universidad de Santiago de Chile. Assisted in carrying out an investigation project related to the analysis of integration processes in Latin America, using concepts of social psychology (2015-2016)
- Lecturer in Psychological Assessment, Universidad SEK, Department of Psychology. Santiago, Chile (2014 – 2016)
- Lecturer in Psychological Assessment, Universidad UNIACC, Department of Psychology. Santiago, Chile (2012 – 2016)
- Lecturer in Personal Development, Universidad Autónoma de Chile, Department of Early Childhood Education. Santiago, Chile (2013 – 2015)
- Lecturer in Learning Psychology, Universidad Chileno-Británica de Cultura, Department of Education. Santiago, Chile (2013)
- Lecturer in Learning Psychology and Psychological Development, Universidad Iberoamericana de Ciencia y Tecnología, Department of Education. Santiago, Chile (2011 – 2013)
- Politics and International Relations Career Development PhD Scholarship (2016)
- Thesis research grant, Universidad de Chile (2012).
Sébastien Dubé and Consuelo Thiers. Social Group Dynamics and Patterns of Latin America Integration Processes. Revista de Estudios Sociales (In press; expected April 2017)
Spanish - native speaker
English - fluent
International Studies Association- ISA
Latin American Studies Association- LASA
International Society of Political Psychology- ISPP