- Patrick Jahnke
- Edinburgh UK EH8 9LD
- +44 (0) 7796 174778
- Research Interests
- Socially Responsible Investment (SRI), Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), International Political Economy, Stakeholder Theory, Financial Intermediation, Corporate Governance, Fiduciary Capitalism, Agency Theory, Shareholder Voting Rights
- Advanced Studies Program in International Economic Policy Research, Kiel Institute for the World Economy, Germany, 2000
- MA (Hons) Politics and Ecomonics, University of Edinburgh, 1999
- CAIA, Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst, CAIA Association, 2013
- Investment Banking (2000-2011), Equity Fund Manager (2011-present)
PhD Research:My research investigates the dynamics driving the investment management industry, in particular the role of institutional investors in influencing corporate policy. While much criticism has been laid at the feet of corporate managers, too little attention has been given to the role played by institutional investors and the factors influencing their decision making process. Fiduciary duty appears to be dominating the agenda, while individual investor opinion is unable to penetrate the multi-layered agency problem (beneficiary/trustee/asset managers/corporate executives) posed by today's financially intermediated capital markets.
My research investigates the process by which corporate voting instructions come about and aims to highlight the consequences this process has with regards to whether shareholders demands are met.