Skip to main content
Recent books by EPOP members
- Odmalm, P. (2014 - forthcoming) The Party Politics of Immigration and the EU. Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan
- Hepburn, E. and Zapata-Barrero, R. (2014 - forthcoming) The Politics of Immigration in Multilevel States: Governance and Political Parties. Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan
- Henderson, A., Jeffery, C. and Wincott, D. (eds.) (2013) Citizenship After the Nation State. Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan.
- Wyn Jones, R., Lodge, G., Henderson, A. and Wincott, D. (2012) The Dog that Finally Barked: England as an emerging political community. London: Institute for Public Policy Research
- March, L. (2011) Radical Left Parties in Europe. Abingdon: Routledge
- Hepburn, E. (2010) Using Europe: territorial party strategies in a multi-level system. Manchester: Manchester University Press.
Recent articles and chapters by EPOP members
- Hepburn, E. (2014-forthcoming) Multilevel Party Politics of Immigration: territorial rescaling and party competition in Hepburn, E. and R. Zapata-Barrero (eds) The Politics of Immigration in Multilevel States: Governance and Political Parties(Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan).
- Hepburn, E. and Rosie, M. (2014- forthcoming) Immigration, Nationalism and Political Parties in Scotland, in Hepburn, E. & Zapata-Barrero, R. (eds), The Politics of Immigration in Multi-level States: Governance and Political Parties, Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan (forthcoming).
- Henderson, A and McEwen, N (2014) "Regions as Primary Political Communities: A multi-level comparative analysis of turnout in regional elections" Publius
- Henderson, A and Romanova, V. (2014) "Multi-level voting and party competition in vertically simultaneous elections: the case of Ukraine" Post-Soviet Affairs
- Henderson, A and White, G. (2014) "Managing the political moraine: institutional legacies, political cultures and the struggle for meaningful political change in Nunavut", in Bryan Evans and Charles Smith, Eds, The End of Expansion? The political economy of Canadian Provinces and Territories in a neo-liberal era. Toronto: University of Toronto Press.
- Henderson, A, Pancer , S and Brown, S. (2014) "What makes for effective civic engagement policy: Analysing quantitative and qualitative evaluations of the Ontario mandatory volunteering requirement", Journal of Adolescent Research 29(1): 120-54
- Middleton, A. (2014-forthcoming) 'The Effectiveness of Leader Visits at the 2010 General Election', British Journal of Politics and International Relations
- Fabre, E. and Swenden, W. (2013) 'Territorial Politics and the Statewide Party', Regional Studies, 47(3), pp342-355
- Hepburn, E. and Detterbeck, K. (2013) 'Federalism, Regionalism and the Dynamics of Party Politics', in Loughlin, J., Kincaid, J. and Swenden, W (eds.) The Routledge Handbook of Federalism and Regionalism. London & NY: Routledge.
- Jeffrey, C and Middleton, A (2013) ‘Germany’ in Schakel, A. and Dandoy, R. (eds.) Regional and National Elections in Western Europe: Territoriality of the Vote in Thirteen Countries. Palgrave MacMillan
- Kenny, M. and MacKay, F. (2013) 'When is Contagion not very contagious? Dynamics of Women's Political Representation in Scotland', Parliamentary Affairs (online).
- Libbrecht, L., Maddens, B. and Swenden, W. (2013) 'Party Competition in Regional Elections. The strategies of statewide parties in Spain and the United Kingdom', Party Politics, 19(4), pp624-640
- Martí-Thomas, D. (2013) 'The 2012 Catalan Election: The First Step Towards Independence?' Regional & Federal Studies, 23(4), pp507-516.
- Obydenkova, A. and Swenden, W. (2013) 'Autocracy-Sustaining vs Democratic Federalism. Explaining Divergent trajectories of Territorial Politics in Russia and Western Europe', Territory, Politics, Governance, 1(1), pp86-122
- Swenden, W. and Toubeau, S. (2013) 'Mainstream Parties and Territorial Dynamics in the UK, Spain and India' in Benz, A. and Broschek, J. (eds.) Federal Dynamics, Continuity, Change and Varieties of Federalism.Oxford: Oxford University Press
- Tierney, S. (2013) 'Legal Issues Surrounding the Referendum on Independence for Scotland' European Constitutional Law Review, 9(3), pp359-390
- Tierney, S. (2013) 'The People's Last Sigh? European referendums and the end of the State' European Public Law, 18(4), pp683-700
- Tierney, S. (2013) 'Using Electoral Law to Construct a Deliberative Referendum: Moving Beyond the Democratic Paradox' Election Law Journal, 12(4), pp1-17
- Henderson, A., Brown, S., Pancer, S. (2012), 'Social and Political Dimensions of Civic Engagement: The Impact of Compulsory Community Service', Politics and Policy 40(1), pp93-130.
- Hepburn, E. and Hough, D. (2012) 'Regionalist Parties and the Mobilisation of Territorial Difference in Germany' Government and Opposition, 47(1), pp74-96
- Kenny, M. and MacKay, F. (2012) 'Less Male, Pale and Stale? Women and the 2012 Scottish Local Government Elections' Scottish Affairs, 80(3), pp20-32
- McEwen, N., Swenden, W. and Bolleyer, N. (2012) (eds.) 'Governments in Opposition? Intergovernmental Relations in the UK in a context of party political incongruence' Special Issue of British Journal of Politics and International Relations 14
- Odmalm, P. (2012) 'Party Competition and Positions on Immigration: strategic advantages and spatial locations' Comparative European Politics, 10(1), pp1-22
- Bond, R. and Rosie, M. (2011) 'Who are the Nationalists? A Profile of Scottish National Party Supporters' in Harrison, T. and Drakulic, S. (eds.) Beyond Orthodoxy: New Directions in the Study of Nationalism. University of British Columbia Press.
- Henderson, A. (2011) "'Small Worlds' as Predictors of General Political Attitudes": 31-48 in Henderson, A. (ed.) Why Regions Matter: Small Worlds in Comparative Perspective. London: Routledge.
- Hepburn, E. (2011) '"Citizens of the Region": party conceptions of regional citizenship and immigrant integration' European Journal of Political Research, 50(4) pp504-529
- Mackay, F. and Kenny, M (2011) 'In the Balance: Women and the 2011 Scottish Parliament Elections', Scottish Affairs 76(1), pp74-90
- Odmalm, P. (2011) 'Political Parties and "The Immigration Issue": issue ownership in Swedish Parliamentary Elections 1991-2010' West European Politics, 34(5), pp1070-1091
- Rosie, M. (2011) 'Aye Right? Scotland's Far Right Parties in 2011' Scottish Affairs 76(1), pp94-99
- Rosie, M & Bond, R. (2011) 'Who Are the Nationalists?: A Profile of Scottish National Party Supporters'. in T Harrison & S Drakulic (eds), Against Orthodoxy: Studies in Nationalism. UBC Press, Vancouver, pp205-224.
- Singh Ghaleigh, N. (2011) 'A Model For Party Finance Supervision?', in Ewing, K, Tham, J. and Rowbottom, J. (eds.) The Funding of Political Parties. Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan
- Bond, R., Jeffery, C. and Rosie, M. (2010) 'The Importance of Being English: national identity and nationalism in post-devolution England', Nations & Nationalism, 16(3), pp462-468
- Detterbeck, K. and Hepburn, E. (2010) 'Party Politics in Multi-level Systems: party responses to new challenges in European democracies' in Erk, J. and Swenden, W. (eds) New Directions in Federalism Studies. London and NY: Routledge
- Henderson, A. and McEwen, N. (2010) 'A Comparative Analysis of Voter Turnout in Regional Elections' Electoral Studies 29(3), pp405-416
- Hepburn, E. (2010) 'Small Worlds in Canada and Europe: A Comparison of Regional Party Systems in Quebec, Bavaria and Scotland', Regional & Federal Studies, 20(4/5), pp527-544
- Marti-Tomas, D. (2010), 'National Identity and Constitutional Change: An Analysis of Scotland and Catalonia', Scottish Affairs, 73(3), pp. 11-35
- Rosie, M. and Bond, R. (2010) 'National Identities and Attitudes to Constitutional Change in Post-Devolution UK: A Four Territories Comparison', Regional & Federal Studies, 20(1), pp83-105